Cedar River Animal Hospital
We treat your pets like valued family members.
October – Animal Safety & Protection This month (and every month) is a time to recognize safety measures you should take to protect your pet and ensure they are healthy. Check out the below safety tips:
- Be proactive. Keep all your pets up to date on immunizations.
- Pet-proof your home. Remove or secure choking hazards and toxic chemicals. Make your home pet-friendly and safe.
- Identify your animals. Place tags securely on collars and even label collars with your contact information. If you have more uncommon pets, take pictures in the event they get loose.
- In a disaster, have a plan. Who will be responsible for locating each animal in the house? How will you transport them? If it is a fire, human life takes priority. However, place decals on windows and doors with the number of humans and each kind and number of pets residing in the home. Keep them up to date.
- Learn basic first aid. Caring for your animal at home will prevent a minor injury from becoming severe. Always call your veterinarian if you are unsure.
- Know your animal. If your animal’s behavior changes, watch for signs of illness. Is he injured or spent too much time in the heat? Contact your veterinarian before giving human over-the-counter medications.
Wellness ExamsYour pet can benefit greatly from regular wellness examinations or checkups. Whether your pet is a youngster, a “senior citizen,” or any age in between, wellness examinations provide an excellent opportunity for us to conduct a thorough physical examination and develop a health profile for your pet. This information will help us identify medical problems...
Stem Cell TherapyWhat is MediVet Stem Cell Therapy? Stem cells are powerful healing cells in your body that can become other types of cells. There are many adult stem cells in fat tissue, however, they are asleep. MediVet’s stem cell therapy allows your vet to isolate stem cells from an animal’s own fat tissue, wake them up,...
PRP TherapyPlatelet-Rich Plasma, or PRP, is blood plasma that contains concentrated amounts of platelets and growth factors. PRP is a non-surgical and advanced means of providing high doses of the body’s own healing factors directly to the area where they are needed. How does it work? Platelet Rich Plasma is a trending topic in human sports...
Years in Existence
Our Clients Love Us!
Friendly staff, good vets and clean. They a great job stacking appointments in a way there isn't much overlap with other patients.
I brought my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel in to be neutered and the staff was terrific. Dr. Nicholas was very thorough in explaining the procedure and called to reassure me that all went well when they finished his surgery. Beemer was pretty tired after we brought him home but it didn't take long for him to get back to normal. I am happy to have found such a caring and professional clinic!